It is very important to properly care for PARI products. Practicing regular cleaning and maintenance can help ensure patients receive consistent and efficient treatments. Always refer to the product Instructions for Use for approved cleaning and disinfection methods, as they may vary from product to product.
PARI Reusable Nebulizers
- After every treatment thoroughly rinse the nebulizer to remove medication.
- Hand-wash with warm water and dish soap, then rinse thoroughly
- Alternatively, wash in the dishwasher using a dishwasher basket on the top rack.
- Clean nebulizer as indicated above.
- For low level disinfection every other treatment day:
- Mix a solution of 1 part distilled white vinegar and 3 parts warm tap water in a clean bowl. Soak the nebulizer parts (except the tubing and mask) for 60 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Alternatively, mix a solution using Control III® Nebulizer Disinfectant and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Rinse thoroughly.
- Alternatively, nebulizer parts (except mask and tubing) may be disinfected by boiling in a clean pot of water for 5 minutes.
- Hospitals and clinics can sterilize the PARI Reusable Nebulizer parts (except mask and tubing) by autoclaving (a maximum of 277° F or 136° C), follow autoclave manufacturer’s instructions.
*CONTROL III® is a registered trademark of Maril Products, Inc.
Wing Tip® Tubing
It is normal if moisture or condensation appears in your tubing during a treatment. This can be a natural effect of your environment’s temperature. If this happens, finish your treatment and then disconnect the tubing from the nebulizer. Leave the other end attached to the compressor air outlet and let run for a few minutes. The warm air from the compressor will dry the inside of the tubing. Use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior of the tubing.
Use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior of your compressor housing.
Your compressor air filter is bright white when new. With use, the filter will slowly turn grey, indicating the need for replacement. The filter must be replaced immediately if it gets wet or becomes clogged.
Vortex® Non-Electrostatic Holding Chamber
- Soak parts and mask for 15 minutes in luke warm water with liquid detergent.
- Alternatively, place Vortex parts in top shelf of dishwasher. Hand wash mask separately.